Monday

Pregnancy, high blood pressure, & bed rest?

Pregnancy, high blood pressure, & bed rest? Other people asked questions on various topics, and are still
waiting for answer.Would be great if you can take a sec and
answer them

Pregnancy, high blood pressure, & bed rest?Have you or anyone you know had to go on bedrest while pregnant because of high blood pressure? What were your readings and at what week did you have to stay home?

-L5208
I have never had BP problems until I was pregnant.When I was 26 weeks I went into the hospital I was swollen all over I can't remember my readings but I was at stroke level.My OB Dr.put me on the drip to lower it and turned out all the lights, he said if it didn't come down within 2hrs.he was going to send me to the closest hospital with a NICU and a high risk Dr.because I was going to have to deliver that early in my preg.Luckily, mine came down I was on bed rest from then on.At first I still tried to work some, I needed the money, but I was having to take my BP every hour and keep a journal of it.I had to eventually completely give up working and do nothing but stay in the bed.I held out until I was 36 wks.to deliver.If you are having BP pressure problems take them seriously and when your Dr.tells you to stay in bed do it!

-Nezzie Y
it depends how far along you are.if you are in your third trimester bed rest is important but if you are in your 2nd you must take it more serious cause you are a high risk for a miscarriage. my sis had high blood pressure when she was late into her pregnancy, they induce her and she was fine.take it easy best wishes!

-megs98520
I did I think I was 28 weeks when I went on bedrest.My blood pressure was like 180/90 I beleive and I stayed on bedrest until I was 32 weeks at that point the blood pressure got worse and I started gaining wieght like crazy I was admitted into the hospital and induced that lasted another week then I ended up having a c-section.Good luck to you.By the way my baby was fine everything turned out ok.It was awful bieng on bed rest though.

-mrs_ruppel
I am at 32 weeks now and very close to bedrest because of my high blood pressure. My last reading was 134/82...but my usual readings are 117/74, etc.so it was quite a jump for me. I am being monitored weekly for signs of pre-eclamsia.

-Miss J
I was put on bed rest for high BP as of last night!The bottom number hit 100 while I was there ( I think 153/100), they sent me home and told me not to do much more than to get up for the bathroom, or to move from the bed to the couch.
I actually have to go back in tomorrow and if it is not down they are going to try and start labor.

I'm 35 weeks, and I had already started early labor before they found this little gem of a problem..

The best part is even though my body is going crazy everything with the baby tested fine!Which made me feel a lot better!!symptoms - What to Know About Hypertension.


Orignal From: Pregnancy, high blood pressure, & bed rest?


business letter formatting