Tuesday

THE TRINITY SPRINKLE

THE TRINITY SPRINKLE I've become a fan of roasted vegetables.

For several reasons.

1.В  I've settled on a tri-blend of seasonings that makes every vegetable yummy.В В 

2.В  Roasting is an easy method that works for every veggie.

3.В  I have to eat more produce, and if I have to eat more (like every meal), 'easy' is the key word here.

In cooking, the "trinity" often refers to onions, celery, and green pepper.В  Or maybe it's onions, celery, and garlic.В  Or onions, garlic and green pepper.В  One of those.В 

My "trinity" is SeasonAll
Dried parsley doesn't have much flavor, but it has health benefits and, it looks pretty.В В  You can use fresh parsley if you want to, but then you have to run to the store more often, which takes the 'easy' out of this method.В  Same goes for the basil.В 

Basil is aromatic and sweet, and it looks pretty too.В  It's my favorite herb.

SeasonAll is a fancied-up salt that adds flavor to anything from popcorn to pork chops, which I don't eat anymore, because they come from pigs, and pigs are no longer in my diet.

I sure miss bacon.

Ina Garten would grimace at my simple veggie fix, but I'm telling you, it has helped us at the Ballpark consume more veggies in the past year than we've eaten in...well, ever.В 

Tell me these don't look tasty...

CARROTS








YELLOW SQUASH










The Trinity Sprinkle works like this:В  Chop whatever veggies you like and toss them in a bowl with olive oil.В  Enough so the veggies get a nice sheen.


Sprinkle in parsley, basil and SeasonAll to your liking.

Spread the veggies on a greased (I use cooking spray) sheet pan.В  Bake at 400 degrees until desired tenderness, anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes.В В  Stir them around once during baking.В 






Scarf 'em up.В 

And be prepared to view veggies in a wh*le new light.В  В В 

I've used this method with asparagus, and plum tomatoes, and of course, regular, white potatoes.В  All are delish.

I like this method so much, I'm going to try it with vegetables I'm not crazy about, like eggplant and cabbage.

Cabbage is a sibling of the disgusting brussel sprout, so I'm not optimistic about that one.В  But we'll see.

The Trinity has been rumored to work miracles.В